In the time following an auto collision, it is important that you act quickly. If a negligent driver, motorcyclist, trucker or any other individual was the reason for your accident, you may be eligible to file a personal injury claim against the responsible parties.
According to Texas Legal Code §16.003, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims is only 2 years from the date of the injury. This is why it is important for you to call a Dallas auto accident attorney as soon as possible after the incident.
At the scene of the accident, after you have called for emergency services, you should:
- Call the police so that they can write down an official report – this may help solidify your personal injury claim in court.
- Take photographs of the accident, including any property damage, street signs, skid marks, injuries, etc.
- Exchange information with the other driver(s) and make sure to get their insurance documentation, name, address, phone number and email address.
- Get contact information of any witnesses to the accident
- Be sure not to give any statements to the police officers or medical professional on hand at the scene of the crash.
- Make sure that you do not admit any fault to the other parties involved, witnesses, your insurance provider or anyone else.
- Call your lawyer to discuss your options and determine the best course of action.
Retain The Accomplished Lawyers at Mathur Law Offices, P.C.
With years of experience protecting the rights of the injured throughout Dallas, TX, our personal injury lawyers believe in providing personalized and dedicated representation to each of our clients. We make our clients our number one priority, stopping at nothing to recover the best possible result in even the most complicated cases.
Call today to receive a consultation for your case if you have been the victim of a car accident in Dallas or the surrounding area.