Employment Authorization for Certain H-4 Dependent Spouses

With the passage of new USCIS regulations, some H-4 dependent spouses of H-1B nonimmigrant visa holders may be eligible to apply for employment authorization from the Department of Homeland Security starting May 26.

Certain individuals looking for employment-based legal permanent resident status can apply if their H-1B nonimmigrant spouse is the main beneficiary of an approved Form I-140 Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker or if their spouse was granted H-1B status under sections 106(a) and (b) of the American Competitiveness in the Twenty-First Century Act of 2000 as amended by the 21 Century Department of Justice Appropriations Authorization Act (AC21). AC21 allows for H-1B nonimmigrants to seek lawful permanent residents to work and live in the U.S. past the six-year limit of their H-1B status.

For further information on applying for work authorization under the new H-4 rule, go to the Employment Authorization for Certain H-4 Dependent Spouses Web Page under the list of Frequently Asked Questions which we have compiled since the H-4 program was first announced last February.

If you need to determine your eligibility, speak with our Dallas immigration attorneys at Mathur Law Offices, P.C. right away!

Categories: Immigration, News
Mathur Law Offices, P.C. - Dallas Lawyer
Located at
2989 N. Stemmons Freeway
Dallas, TX 75247. View Map

Phone: (888) 867-5191 | Local Phone: (214) 378-8880
Website: https://www.mathurlawoffices.com/
Stay In Touch:

The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship